Feb 21, 2010

Some (more) eBay thoughts

Recently, I placed a healthy order on eBay for 4 cards. Actually, it was just last night. I managed to score a 2009 T206 Short Print, which may very well be my new favorite card. When it arrives, I will post it, but until then, you can wait. I'll have to.

I won all four cards for $.25/card. So, the auctions ended for a total of $1.00. The shipping is listed at $3/card. Now, without a shipping discount, the order comes to $13. Keep in mind, this is a rare T206 SP, 2 Autographs and a Game-Used. So $13 really isn't dreadful for the whole group.

However, the seller lists this within each auction:

"COMBINED SHIPPING IS 3 AUCTIONS FOR 3.00 AFTER 3 AUCTIONS .50 AN AUCTION FOR SINGLE CARDS 1.00 FOR LOTS."

I went to checkout, and the total was listed at $13. So of course, I sent a "Request Total" email for combined shipping, but still haven't heard anything back. In fairness to the seller, they had a fair amount of auctions end last night, so I am not expecting a super-fast response. But the pessimist in me checked his feedback, and thought it was 100% positive or damn close, no one seems to purchase multiple auctions at once from him.

Just looking for some feedback here, really. I have the tendency to NEVER read directions and fine print correctly (student loans, Graduate Record Exam, final exams, card blog contests, letters from others) so I just wanted to see what everyone else might think of this situation. Am I right to believe I'll only owe this seller $4.50? ($1 for cards, $3 to ship cards 1-3, and $.50 for the fourth card).

Here's a hint of what I bought:
Name all three cards and win...something.

1 comment: