Mar 30, 2010

XFractor Question

So I've been wearing the invisibility cloak of late - have you noticed?

Been busy working with the small streams and riparian zones/wetlands that make springtime so great. Also spent some time in Baltimore drinking green beer and in Oneonta (NY) playing some vicious footy games.

Long boring stories short and concise, I haven't been around much lately. I still have to post trades from Jason and the Baseball Dad, and need to send two thank you packages out. I'm also in the middle of about 3 offline fantasy baseball drafts and multiple payoff pushes for fantasy hockerinz.

Anyways, last night I did my typical load-ebay-and-type-in-Dustin-McGowan thing, and found the mother lode. Well, not really. But I did find a seller with two much needed Dusty autos for cheap with combined shipping. Score (hopefully, I'll find out later tonight).

And then I found the card at the top of this post. I did not know this card existed. I'm not a fan of 2004 Topps. I figured they had ignored McGowan in this set, until this one popped up. There's still 5-6 days left in the auction, so I am not getting excited about winning just yet, but still have a question.

Are these really numbered to /20? I did some searching for other in the set, and apparently they are ox toppers. It just strikes me as odd, as the colorless XFractors are #ed/20 and the red XFractors are not serialed.

Has anyone else seen these?

3 comments:

  1. Footy games? Sounds like a blast!
    I have a few of those x fractors... none of mine are numbered, but they are redemption cards and I guess there could be different variations. I really like X Fractors-if its cheap, bite it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troll, right now the bid is at $.99 box the McGowan.

    They must be box toppers since they're all in those plastic snap cases Topps loves so much. If I win it, It'll be my first McGowan NOT in a penny sleeve and top loader, so it's a bit of a crisis for my Dusty Lambchops PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete