Jan 17, 2010

Plain Beautiful Cards: Volume 10 - 2009 Bowman #73


In the past, I've despised Bowman flagship. 2009 changed this. In my opinion these are the best new era Bowman set, with a sick dose of improved photography, card composition and design. This is the only Bowman set I've ever seen and though: "I wouldn't mind collating the whole set." But really, it's all about #73. I really wish Johjima would have stayed in the US for at least the remainder of his contract, but at least that means I can chase down a defined set of cards rather than a never-ending crusade for all things Kenji.

On to the card. What's not to love? Action Shot - Check. Horizontal - Check. Play at the Plate - Check. General badassery - Checkmate.

2 comments:

  1. I need to put that one on my list to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to go for the rainbow with this one - Flagship / Chrome / Refractor.

    I love this card too much.

    ReplyDelete